In my notes for future deadlines, I had next week listed for the Kansas Art Quilters “Raising the Edge” show, so I set aside the fairy to make something for that. It needed to be only between 8 and 10 ” square, so was doable at that late date. These little pieces will be displayed flat in a case and could be up to an inch thick, so I added some beading.
This is made from a bit of commercial batik that looked to me like a reflected landscape. I defined that vision with the quilting in two colors of Sulky rayon. It finished at 9″ square and I have yet to finish the hand work on the binding. When I took a look at the prospectus to see about the sleeve requirements, I discovered that the date next week was actually the date that it should not be received BEFORE and the actual deadline is in April! So for once I am ahead of schedule!Â May add some more beading…..
Meantime quilting on the fairy progresses. I thought I might finish it yesterday but it was so nice outside I spent part of the afternoon walking, sitting on the deck and planting three Knockout rose bushes. Today will not be quite as nice as yesterday which was 75 degrees!
Before that I quilted most of the morning and listened to CNN about the terrible devastation in Japan. I was quilting beautiful water while watching how destructive water can be! There are five different threads used in the water quilting, three metallics and two variegated cottons.Â I finished off three spools which will make more room in my storage space!