My husband is doing well but is of course quite bored! I am finding out how much he really did for me before, which made it possible for me to do the quilting things that I love to do. I have been so busy doing all of the routine things, cooking, cleaning, even cleaning the pump and filters for the fish pond that I have had very little time to sew.
I had finished the freezer paper pattern which involves converting the printout of the original photograph by Tammy Patterson (click on “Elk” in the tags to go back to info about the photo and the “why” of this piece) to the large format before the accident. First I enlarged that and converted it to black and white and with tracing paper figured out where the sewing lines could be. That was enlarged again and transferred to overhead projector film.
This was projected up on the freezer paper which had been prepared to the final dimensions – I think about 41 x 46 ish. All of the lines are then copied to the paper side of the freezer paper in the mirror image of the finished piece so that when these pieces are cut out and ironed onto the wrong side of the fabric, you will get the proper orientation.
These are the fabrics that I pulled from my stash to start with. I will not use them all and may add different ones as I go along but I don’t think I will need to shop for more this time.
This past week I have not had a lot of time to sew, but I am pretty happy with what I have made so far.