Finally. It feels good to be creating again! Last week I finished the sketch
and started to pull some fabrics from the stash. We have thousands of different fabrics; isn’t it amazing that our brains have logged it all and we know what is there, and pretty much where it should be! So I spent extra time looking for the one that I could not find, and finally it turned up, hidden inside a stack of similar color – right where it should be!
There are lots more fabrics here than I will actually use and probably more still on the shelf that haven’t called to me yet.
The next day I transferred the design to the freezer paper in the reverse so that when the pieces are ironed to the backside of the fabric they will be in the proper orientation.
This step has to be followed by marking the pattern to aid in matching the pieces for sewing.
Before quitting for the day, I had to cut just one piece!
This is going to be another prairie fire quilt, to replace the one that sold after winning one of the top awards at Houston a few years ago. It will be of similar orientation, but with curved seams instead of straight, and perhaps a night scene instead of daytime. Stay tuned for progress reports……..