I am trying hard to not put so much quilting on this one. I decided to use a silver Sulky metallic on her wings which worked well I think. I used a Metallica needle so it all went very smoothly.
I thought it might be fitting to carry on the fantasy metallic look into the foliage since I had a nice green Madiera Jewel that I seem to recall was fun and easy to work with. WRONG! I had this section nearly finished, it looked great on the front, but then I looked on the back! The tension was terrible and the whole thing needed to be removed.
That took way longer to do than the quilting did in the first place!! I tightened the tension to where I got nice stitches on the back but then the thread kept breaking. I kept adjusting the tension, but never did get it to work without breaking so I limited that thread to only this particular leaf fabric and it took all day just to do that!