Tucker

A couple of weeks ago I started this little 12 x 12″ piece of a friend’s dog. The first step, after making the pattern, is to pull all the fabric that even looks like it might work.

Then it’s time to choose which ones to actually use. I will audition different fabrics and sometimes a piece needs to be cut from several different fabrics before the right one surfaces.  After a couple of days the first half was finished, and looking pretty good!

When the second half was done and sewn together, I was not real happy with how dark the shadow was on the left side, even though it really was that dark on the photo that was my reference.  I decided to just live with it a few days and see if I could like it. But it still bothered me, so on Saturday I removed the offending fabric and replaced it with something lighter.

I believe it is better, so I went ahead and layered it for quilting and by Sunday evening it was quilted, had whiskers and eye sparkles and a signature.  Ready to trim to size and block for the binding.

Today I finished the binding – it is DONE!!

 

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply