I am woefully behind, can’t believe it has been so long since I have posted, but I have been busy!
I did manage to get a photo of “Jesse At The Lake”, on display at the art guild.¬† This guy was impressed that¬† I had even included the pulley mechanism!
With the sewing machine off to the shop getting cleaned I was able to spend some time working outside and drawing some new projects for later.¬† After I got the sewing machine back, I made 25 more matted 4X6’s to donate to the Topeka Art Guild’s fundraiser, last time I checked there were only 7 left.¬† 30 @ $7.50 = $225.00 for them- nothing for me!
I also made my annual 12 x 12 for the SAQA auction, which needs to be there by the 1st of June.¬† It went into the mail this morning.¬† I had a challenge to use the hand dyed material
that I made at an art quilting group that I belong to, so I used those fabrics in the flower and leaves plus another hand dye by Judy Robertson for the background.
The little quilts will be auctioned off online this fall.
While the dogs quilt was hanging on the design wall, finished, I saw something that bothered me, so after I got my machine back I fixed that; time was becoming an issue as it needed to be entered soon.
Actually there were quite a few entries that needed to be made, entries that were due from May 29 – June 6, so for the last two days I have entered IQA World of Beauty and Raining Cats and Dogs, AQS, DesMoines, Aullwood and the SAQA auction.¬† It sounds easy, but involves getting and preparing photos with differing requirements for each one and generally jumping through a lot of hoops.